If you'd prefer to listen to Meg's blog, click below!
The quality of the questions you ask others and yourself can oftentimes dictate your success at work, happiness at home, and your overall experience of life.
Insightful, thoughtful, and honest questions have the power to shift the energy in a meeting, soften an argument with a loved one, and usher in feelings of clarity in situations where your mind is muddled and murky.
I’d love to share with you a few of my favorites…
Upon opening your eyes, do you immediately check in with your phone, social media, or the news on tv? Before you step out of your slumber, check in with your inner technology before your outer technology by trying out these three questions:
- How do I want to FEEL today?
- What is one thing I can do today to love myself?
- How many I be of service today?
These three questions, in my opinion, encompass intentionality, self-love, AND love for others.
- When you become triggered or stressed, step into your answer for #1.
- Regarding #2…write it in your calendar!
- As for #3, let that be your overarching theme for the day. Be on the lookout for how you may serve others and once you do, I bet you begin really feeling the way you want to feel.
Actually, if you zero in on these three, you are set for the day! For those of you desiring a bit more, however, read on…
GAME CHANGER ALERT:
Why shifting your questions from “WHY” to “WHAT & HOW” opens up an entirely new world of possibilities.
Asking questions like “why do I always attract the wrong man/woman” or “why can’t I lose weight” or “why am I so broke” or “why can’t I find another job?” feed your ego and keeps you stuck in your personal pity party. “Why oh why oh why am I stuck in this predicament? Why do bad things happen to me?”…the only thing these kinds of questions do is prevent you from moving into the person you want to be and the life you want to be living.
How about giving your mind a job to do by shifting the phrasing of the questions? Your mind loves to figure things out so why not put it to work?
- “How can I start meeting people that I would like to share time with?”
- “What things can I start implementing today that will help me release weight?”
- “What are some ways I can increase my money flow and feel more freedom?”
- “How might I start connecting with people and new companies in my community?”
Don’t those questions feel more inspiring, open, and NEW? It’s a clever little trick and one that can literally change your life.
Let’s take it a step further in a few other situations that occur for everyone every day:
Deciding what to eat:
“What food will make my body feel good?”
“If I loved my body, what would I choose right now?”
Decisions around work:
“Is this decision moving me forward or keeping me stuck?”
“Am I acting from a place of love for myself… or fear?”
Decisions around relationships with partners as well as friends:
“Does this feel restrictive or expansive?”
“Is going on that trip/dinner/event feeling like a HECK YEAH or a HELL NO?”
I’ll end it with my favorite strategy that you can use in any of the situations above:
Right here, right now, begin embodying this idea of your future self and who you desire to be. The one who has lost the weight, gotten the job, moved on from the regret or grudges, etc etc. Move away from “I want XYZ…” or “I am such a loser” to “I AM XYZ!” & “I am perfect, healthy, and whole!” The two words “I AM” are powerful! Remember, your mind is listening in!
- Next, simply ask yourself throughout the day when faced with a decision:
- “What choice would my future self make?”
- Listen for the answer and proceed with action.
In essence, your only job is to embody that person IN THE MOMENT. Don’t race ahead and turn away from the rearview mirror. Be present with who you are at the core and watch what happens.
If we keep making the same choices, we will continue to reap the same results. Stepping into the shoes of the person you know you are at the core and choosing something different is the easiest and quickest route to transformation.